ABX 2019 is partnering with the Boston Society of Landscape Architects (BSLA) and leading industry associations to expand landscape architecture-related education offerings, relevant show floor features and exhibitors/products.
ABX has also partnered with Dean & Derek from DIY’s “Indoors Out” and “Rock Solid” and co-hosts of the Lets Go To Work podcast, to provide their vision as tradesmen, educators and experts to all aspects of these new landscape-specific features.
BSLA and industry partners will advise on educational workshop content and accreditation, marketing ABX to their members and designing a show floor feature area called Boston Common geared towards landscape architecture.
All students studying Landscape Architecture should enter Dean & Derek’s Design Challenge. Submissions will be accepted 9/3/19 - 10/17/19. We will award a 1st and 2nd Place Winner in the Undergraduate category, and a 1st and 2nd Place Winner in the Graduate category. All applicants must be students majoring in Landscape Architecture.
- Plan a maximum of 1200 sq. ft. residential design space —Must include at least 1 living space with a defined function
- Must include a mixture of concrete and natural hardscape productsMust incorporate at least 1 boulder
- Must have some type of covering or partial covering
- Must be partial or all permeable
- Must include a recycled product
- Must include at least 1 EXCLUSIVES product from Plymouth Quarries*
- Must include a landscape design and plant list
- Design must be to-scale and printable in a PDF format
- Sheet size to be horizontal Arch D – 24” x 36”
- Student to determine scale of drawing. Scale should be appropriate for viewing from a distance of 6’
Deadline & Judging:
- We are accepting submissions from September 3 - October 17, 2019.
- Finalists will be invited to join us for ABX19 at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, November 6-7, 2019, where their submission will be on display. They will present their submission to a juried panel during the event. A final vote will be taken with special audience consideration.
- The 1st and 2nd Place Winners for both theUndergraduate and Graduate categories will be awarded on-site.
For more information: