ABX has issued a Call for Proposals for the 2018 Educational Conference Program. To be considered as a speaker, read information below.
- Show Dates: November 28-29
- Location: Boston Convention & Exhibition Center
- Audience: Architects, Contractors, Engineers and other design professionals from the Northeast
- Deadline: Submit topic proposal and short bio by Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 11:59pm EST.
There are no pre-defined topics for workshop submissions. Please submit topics that you are an expert in, are passionate about, and that are relevant to the AEC and real estate industries.
Learn more about ABX attendees and review last year’s Conference Program to better craft a proposal. All proposals must be submitted online. You may begin the process and return to your saved proposal any time up until the deadline. Faxed or mailed proposals will not be accepted.
All complete proposals must be submitted and all speakers must login to complete their personal details no later than Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 11:59pm EST.
**The submitter cannot complete the proposal without the acceptance of participation of all proposed presenters/moderators. Each presenter and moderator will need to login individually to the submittal site to enter their personal details and confirm their participation in the proposal.
All proposals must be complete, comprehensive and deemed relevant and timely to the conference’s audience. ABX may shorten a presentation, increase and/or reduce the number of presenters, select alternate presenters from among those proposed and/or combine the submitted presentation with other proposed presentations, at its sole discretion. All presenters will be contacted independently to confirm their submittal.
Guidelines on Submitting Your Proposal
During the submission process, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Workshop Title (please limit to 60 characters)
- Short Description (please limit to 50 words)
- Workshop Abstract/Description (please limit to 200 words)
- Primary Speaker contact information (including credentials, company, and contact info)
- Speaker experience
- Contact information for each additional speaker(s) and/or panelist(s)
- Four Learning Objectives (must be specific and measurable)
- Content level of the workshop (emerging professionals, mid-level, or senior-level leadership)
- Specifications about unique requests for set-up requirements, additional A/V needs, or other participant materials needed for your workshop
- The submittal site will time-out due to inactivity – please save your submittal frequently. You must submit a complete proposal before the March 31 deadline
By submitting a proposal, all speakers and panelists agree to the terms and conditions below.
- Session content promoting vendor products and/or services will not be considered.
- Speakers will be chosen and confirmed only by the Boston Society of Architects/AIA (BSA). If your proposal is accepted, you will be notified via email by June 1, 2018 and you must confirm your participation no later than June 15, 2018.
- Speaker expenses such as hotel, travel, per diem or honoraria are not covered or paid by the BSA/ABX.
- Speakers, panelists and tour leaders will each receive a complimentary three-workshop package. Speakers agree to have their session(s) recorded and videotaped. Selected sessions and presentations may be made available online.
- All meeting rooms will be equipped with a projector, 4:3 standard format screen and microphone. Any other AV equipment or internet service must be requested by presenters either by phone or email.
- Once the conference program is selected, no speaker substitutions, additions or changes may be made without the prior written consent of ABX. If a registered attendee is asked and agrees to step in as a substitute speaker, co-presenter or panelist, no registration fees will be refunded.
Note: after you submit your proposal, you will not be able to make additional changes. To save your proposal and come back later to edit it, simply hit the save button on any task you are working on and log out of the website.
The submittal is not complete until all speakers have logged into the submission site to enter their personal details. Submittals without complete speaker information will not be considered.
Questions? For assistance with questions regarding the Call for Proposals, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical questions about the submittal website, please call 877.426.6323 9:00 am - 6:00 pm EST Monday through Friday or email Help@ConferenceAbstracts.com.